Was given the opportunity to provide videography coverage for the local paintball circuit.
This time around, I am able to collaborate with a DJ from Sweden. Was given the green in using his song, ABDUKT | dramatique. The first time I listen to this song, I just fall in love with it. The first thing that came to my mind was paintball. I already have ideas on my mind for the next paintball video. That was 3 months ago.
This video purely inspired by the song. Still, it came with its own challenge.
Just as when I thought I hit the jackpot for the “sweetspot” settings for super slow-mo twixtor, it still did not give the perfect results. I was shooting 1/2000 shutter with 60fps and variable ISOs. This time around, I am convince that twixtor can do its magic to certain extent only. If I want the paintballs to fly super duper slow-mo with clarity (literally to see the paintballs flying in full shape), my next cheapest option is the Sony FS700.
After shooting this event, I have so many questions. At the same time, I am fed up with myself because I am still making mistakes which I should not have.
1. Do adding layers of video effects on your footage, will it degrade the quality of your footage ?
2. What is the best export settings for YouTube ?
3. Why the video is not so sharp ?
4. Where were my White Balance controls ? 50% of my footages were kinda blueish.
5. Is my camera not functioning well? How do I know? Is there such thing call camera body servicing like my motorcycle 3 monthly servicing?
I hope anyone who help me with these questions or point me to the right direction. I might have look at the wrong direction all this while.